Addiction counseling is about understanding addictive behavior and offering a fresh start.
Bethel’s online Certificate program in Addiction Studies provides the credentials for entry-level positions involving drug and alcohol treatment. Learn to understand the dynamics of addictive behavior and how to guide individuals battling addictions toward hope and healing.
* These program details and costs are estimated and subject to change. View our program details disclaimer for more information.
No news articles available at this time.
There are no upcoming events.
Using Research to Improve Therapies
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
10-year alumni who serve in leadership roles
of 60 Best Christian Colleges & Universities for 2019-2020- //www.edsmart.org/best-christian-colleges/
Develops core counselor skills
Learn personal, interpersonal, and professional skills needed for effective addictions counseling, including ethical practices and sensitivity to diversity.
Designed for undergraduate or graduate students
Coursework is designed for students currently in undergraduate or graduate programs or who already have a degree in human services, psychology, Christian ministries, nursing, social work, counseling psychology, marriage and family therapy, or other similar programs.
All courses are online, so you can balance your time commitments with course requirements.
Our graduates are prepared for further graduate study and entry-level social service careers in a variety of addictions treatment settings.
Learn how to...
- Practice evidence-based addictions counseling
- Screen, assess, and design addictions treatment plans
- Practice intercultural sensitivity in addictions counseling
- Integrate a Christian worldview with addictions counseling
- Navigate the professional and ethical issues faced by addictions counselors
Our graduates will prepare for entry-level alcohol and drug counselor roles at places like:
- Drug and alcohol treatment centers
- Mental health clinics
- Recovery programs
- Religious organizations
Areas of Study
Our graduates may continue on to study such areas as:
- Alcohol and Drug Counseling Certificate
- Counseling Psychology
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- Mental Health Counseling